Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Wizard of being slow on the ball



March 24th 2015 -9 Celsius (I keep spelling it Celcius) 5'11 183.5 lbs 



50 things you didn't know about The Wizard of OZ, fact #12 Clara Blandick, who played Auntie Em, committed suicide in 1962 when her failing health became too much to bear. The first line of the note she left read:
“I am now about to make the great adventure.”


So Here I go another blog, A travel blog that I will try to make fun, funny and interesting if that is possible. I can't believe how much I've learned about travelling from making mistakes. 2012 April I tried to ride to Memphis and ended up only making it to Covington Kentucky. Nearly froze taking back roads from my home to the Walpole Ferry (stopped and bought Tough Duck Coveralls). Crossed on the Ferry and got lost in Detroit, ended up in motel after riding in in heavy rain at night. High winds through the Ohio valley to Covington, I was so completely exhausted and defeated when looking at tv news and weather report in.... again a motel I threw in the towel and headed home. I look at the pictures and think


Why did I give up"? that does not look that bad
except for the fact I didn't take pictures of riding through the Ohio valley. I was stopped twice while waiting at small town intersection lights being told


"Buddy last night we had Tornado warning sirens going off and I don't know if you should be riding a motorcycle in this weather"
(Buddy sounds so Canadian, he probably said "Hellooo good sir" or just "Excuse me")





This morning I had an epiphany of sorts

Why do a loop that I spent days planning and instead just ride straight down to the closest, warmest place I can get to and relax on a beach for a few days?



https://goo.gl/maps/vDi6f


New revised trip (link below)


https://goo.gl/maps/3kDp8

No comments:

Post a Comment