Thursday, March 26, 2015

Planning a route is not as easy as it might seem especially if you have Acrophobia (fear of heights).  I can go over a nice flat interstate bridge on a motorcycle, I try to avoid the scary over a canyon or over a gorge type bridges.





Today I tried working on a route that I could throw in some lazy meandering back roads and failed. 4 Days interstate to go from my home down to Panama city Florida.


Every back road route that I tried involved much longer times to get to a warmer geographical area and mid April at a soggy cold creepy Michigan campground isn't worth the effort.



Day 1 Markham Ontario to Walpole Ferry 4 hours 401 hwy
Algonac Michigan to Ottawa Metro park 3 hours

Day 2 Ottawa Metro park to Brown Augusta Ferry 3 hrs
Augusta Ferry to Houchin Ferry campground 4 hrs 
Spend few hours in Nashville
Day 3 Houchin to Oak Mountain state park 4 hrs

Day 4 Oak Mountain to Panama city 4.5 hrs

                             Spend two days in Panama city? or a day and a day in New Orleans? 

   






No comments:

Post a Comment