Thursday, March 26, 2015


Two days!  I spent looking at what tires to put on my motorcycle.  Its very strange my Bmw Haynes manual spells tires "Tyres"...just noticed that today.

So here is my list of tires that I had to choose from that I could find info on.


AVON AM26 Roadriders - great reviews around $300 a pair.  Why didn't I choose these?  just a few comments on Forums about cracking with age turned me off but maybe next time I might try them.


Shinko Tourmaster 230 -  $200 a pair! Great reviews lots of comments "great deal for what you get" and comments "trying these not sure how many miles I will get from them" I have to admit these tires I was really set on getting mainly because of price until I phoned to get a price from http://aviciouscycle.ca/.  The sales guy on the phone immediately bashed Shinko and Kenda, the 'you get what you pay for" thought loops over and over in my head I so passed on these and to be honest I have a feeling the would have been fine.  I had Kenda's on my KLR 650 and rode to Nashville on them and the were fine but the BMW is heavier and more power so I relented.



Pirelli Sport Demons $350 - Great reviews a bit too modern looking for my bike IMHO and pricy

The venerable Bridgestone BT45 Battlax $300 Bike came with these tires wanted something different.  I thought they were a good tire, never felt unsafe.



And my final choice and the ones I picked mainly because the quality of the Battlax were so good I picked Bridgestone Spitfire S11's $257 with tax and free shipping



I read so many BMW K100 forum discussions on what tires and all the alternate tire sizes you could use because you wanted to put some type of tire like a radial on instead of a bias ply that I was literally going cross eyed.   I went to the manual, picked the proper suggested tire size and picked two new tires that simple.








No comments:

Post a Comment